Thursday, January 24, 2008

100 Things I Think About Scrapbook Pages

When I did my brothers scrapbook of his baby pictures for Christmas I made one page with nothing but words and things that reminded me of him.

There was everything from nicknames to special memories as a child to things that remind me of him on that scrapbook page.

I put it in the beginning of the scrapbook so that it was the first page that you see when you open the book. I wrote in the middle, What I think about when I think of Larry.

You can use different lettering/writing styles to make it more special and look more 'professional.'

You can use words like love and friend and brother and things like that. But another thing I did was when my first daughter was born my brother was still in high school. He had never seen a newborn baby. He came to see her and he said, "Tammy, she's so ugly. What's wrong with her?"

Well there was nothing wrong with her. He just had not seen a baby right after it was born!! So, I put that in there. Fun memories like that can make your book extra special.

Happy Scrapping

Dream Finder

3 comments:

J.D. Scorpio said...

Hi Dream Finder:
I’m so sorry to hear about your Grandmother…….
I can’t understand you not having a bunch of suggestions on scrapbooking, although yours seemed to be good ones. I would think you would get loads of suggestions. About the picture board, I saw my first one in 2000 in Waverly Ohio when my wife’s Mom passed away at age 84, I thought that was a nice thing to do for her..! I thought the scrapbook on CD was the best idea…!
If you don’t read but one post, on my blog, Please read, “There’s no greater pain”, You will have to click, ‘Older Posts’. 2 times to get to it,,, He is my grandson……
Anyway, you have a standing invitation to stop by my blog, and if you will, leave a comment.

Dream Finder said...

Thank you so much for sharing with me.

I did read your blog "There's no greater pain." And, you know, That was one of my thoughts at my Grandma's visitation and funeral. She did outlive all of her 5 kids and she never had to suffer the pain of losing any of them. She did however lose a grandchild to a drunk driver.

My cousin had just dropped his boys off to their mom. He was on his way home when a drunk driver hit him. His fiance survived.

I am truly sorry for the loss of your grandson. This story touched my heart. God Bless you and keep him alive in memories.

I really liked your blog as well. I liked the Dirt Road. You are 100% correct about it. Dirt Roads are a wonderful blessing from God Above!!

I grew up in the country but now live in town. I hope to some day go back to the country and enjoy life again. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy life now. But living in the country is totally different. Nature gives you a perspective on life that is like no other.

Also, your profile said that you are a carpenter. My brother is a carpenter too. He helped us add onto our home. We have taken the before and after pictures and scrapbooked them as well.

Take Care

J.D. Scorpio said...

Hello Dream Finder:
Thanks for your visit. I do agree that everyone should have the overnight in the country so they can hear the night sounds. They seem to amplify I guess because those city noises aren’t there to drown them out. I can remember as a small child waking up in the wee hours of the morning and listing to a freight train way off in the distance, As I found out later that it was a train, and it was about 6 miles from the old home place back in the woods. What really made it so interesting was I didn’t know what was making that Wooo Wooo noise, lol. But as a rule, all the night noises were comforting to me. And here, when the T V is turned off and neither of us are snoring, I can lay there and remember……..
I always enjoy your visits
JD