Monday, January 21, 2008

Grandma's Recipe Box

My Grandmother passed away on January 4th. I don't know if people all over do a picture board or not but in this area we do. The day she passed away the family was digging through all the pictures for pictures of her and of her kids and of everything she had done or been through.

The pictures are used to put on a posterboard size 'magnet' with frames and placed on a tripod for the folks that c0me to the visitation. Then there was also the DVD. My aunts and uncles picked out songs to go along with these pictures and they were placed on a DVD of all the pictures. This is a really nice way to remember all the things a loved one has done in their life.

After the funeral and everything had passed I was sitting here thinking about my grandmother. She was a GREAT cook. I can remember calling her for this recipe or that one. Then I remember calling and asking why my taffy tan fudge didn't set up but hers always did!!

I told my dad that I wanted to get Grandma's recipe box and copy all the recipes and put them on a CD for everyone in the family that wanted one. We may never use these recipes but it's something that belonged to grandma and I think a lot of the kids and grandkids and great grandkids would like to have it.

This morning I got to thinking about this CD. You could make it even more special and make it into a scrapbook with her pictures or pictures of the dishes or special memories of when grandma would make the dishes.

What a neat idea, make a scrapbook of your grandma's recipe book and pictures or memories to go along with it. This would also be an awesome thing to do while grandma is still here. This way she can see what her cooking means to you!!

We welcome your scrapbooking ideas.
Dream Finder

No comments: